"We were successful in so many ways here," MSU head coach Ginger Brown-Lemm said. "I am very excited about an 11-over-par 875 this early in the season. I so believe in this team. We have fun, work hard and are very competitive."
Freshman Jessica Peng tied her highest career finish with the runner-up medal at 1-over-par 217 following a Bulldog best even-par 72 final round. Peng posted a very steady final round with 18 pars to earn the fourth top-10 finish of the season and second of the spring.
Notching her fifth top-10 finish of the season with a 2-over-par 218 final score was Ally McDonald, who fired a 1-over-par 73 Wednesday round. The Fulton, Miss., native started off her round with three-consecutive birdies on holes 1-3 and ended the tournament with nine birdies.
Rica Tse registered her third-straight 1-over-par 73 round to secure fifth place at 3-over-par 219 for her second top-5 finish of the spring. Tse began her day with a birdie on the hole 3 and recorded an eagle on the 16th, her second eagle of the season.
Shooting her lowest round in Hawaii at 1-over-par 73 was Ji Eun Baik, who placed in a tie for sixth at 5-over-par 221. The freshman bettered her previous spring 54-hole score by 17 strokes to garner her second top-10 scorecard of the campaign.
Closing out the MSU lineup was Blaise Carabello who chiseled off five strokes from her first to third-round scores to have a 247 tournament score.
Ines Lescudier of Kennesaw State won the individual championship at even-par 216.
Brown-Lemm's squad will return to action in the Liz Murphey Invitational on April 4-6 in Athens, Ga., at the University of Georgia Golf Course.
1. No. 35 Mississippi State (288-296+291=875, +11)
2. No. 19 NC State (294-299-303=896, +32)
3. SMU (305-291-301=897, +33)
4. No. 39 Gonzaga (305-299-301=905, +41)
5. Washington State (305-299-302=906, +42)
6. TCU (305-296-310=911, +47)
7. Hawaii (300-309-308=917, +53)
8. Kennesaw State (300-302-316=918, +54)
9. Columbia (301-306-314=921, +57)
10. Idaho (313-315-306=934, +70)
11. North Texas (314-312-321=947, +83)
12. UTEP (310-310-329=949, +85)
13. Osaka Gakuin (321-318-323=962, +98)
14. Lipscomb (316-319-329=964, +100)
15. Hawaii-Hilo (322-334-330=986, +122)