1) Dak Prescott and Tyler Russell, prior to the campers working out on the practice field by the Leo Seal Jr. Building, were throwing to the wide receivers. Dak, while not 100%, was throwing the ball really well.
2) Freshman DE Chris Jones came over to me to say hello. He said he's now 6-foot-7 and weighs 280. He was proud that he had gained an inch in height. BTW, his 280 is all muscle.
3) As for the campers, MSU QB commits Elijah Staley and Nick Fitzgerald really seem to bond while working together at the camp. There were kidding with each other. Steve even got a picture of them joking around with each other. Although both will be coming in with the same class and obviously competing with each other at the quarterback position, they said there is not going to be a QB controversy at MSU while they are there. Both had really good camps. If you follow twitter you know that Staley posted that he measured in at 6-foot-7 and 231 pounds. Fitzgerald measured in at 6-foot-5, 210 pounds. Staley also had a 31" vertical.
4) Fitzgerald also really bonded with MSU commit kicker/punter Logan Cooke. Both of them, along with their families, were sitting together when I walked into the registration area. And I believe their families hung around with each other throughout the camp.
5) Did you know that Cooke had between 25 and 30 football programs that were very, very interested in him, including Alabama, Tennessee and Oklahoma, among other big-name schools. Alabama had it down to two, one being Cooke who was the number 2 man on their board.
Click the link below to read the rest of the comments and observations from Friday's Big Dawg Camp on my members-only recruiting forum.
Members-only football recruiting forum link
Subscribe to Gene's Page
Gene Swindoll is the publisher of the GenesPage.com website, the source for Mississippi State sports on Scout.com sports network. You can contact him by emailing email@example.com.